Hands On Physical Therapy and Advanced Massage Therapy Clinic
At Hands On Physical Therapy and Advanced Massage Therapy, we believe there is no one prescription for wellness for any given condition or diagnosis. We do believe there is unique pathway for each individual that leads them to their optimum health. Our “one therapist for one hour” manual therapy approach has made us a unique model of excellent client care by our highly trained staff.
We utilize manual therapy techniques as a primary tool for decreasing pain and correction of structural and muscular imbalances. As balance is restored, we are able to effectively retrain functional movement patterns with personalized movement and strengthening programs. Restoration of musculoskeletal balance is key to what makes us unique and different from most Physical/Occupational Therapy practices. Without the manual therapy approach the dysfunctional pattern is strengthened thereby causing more pain and dysfunction.
In our lifespan we travel through many stages of development and throughout those stages we span the continuum of health and sickness. Wherever you happen to be on that continuum, we are committed to creating a plan with you that aids in consistently achieving your optimal health and well being.
We utilize The John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Approach as our primary manual therapy tool to restore function and vitality to the body along with many other advanced manual techniques including but not limited to: Cranio sacral therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Lymphatic drainage, soft tissue mobilization, and dry needling technique. Our therapists have various areas of specialty including Women’s and Men’s Health.
What Makes Us Unique?
- 1-on-1 care – a therapist is with the patient from the beginning to the end of each treatment.
- Patients have consistent care with a therapist providing treatment at each visit for 45-60 minutes.
- Treatment plans are individualized and customized to each person’s needs. All staff therapists are specialized in advanced manual therapy techniques and participate in continuing education classes on an ongoing basis. The effectiveness of treatment plans can be assessed at each visit, and immediate changes made when needed.
- Integration of hands on manual therapy (including spinal structural work & advanced myofascial release techniques) with functional activities, home exercise, and patient education.
- A direct approach teaches the patient about their injury and their body which motivates them to be an active participant in their care and increases the probability of a good long term prognosis.
- Specialized treatment of Women’s Health Problems utilizing the perineum muscle exam and manual therapy, as well as behavioral techniques & pelvic floor strengthening.
Who We Serve
Hands on Physical Therapy and Advanced Massage Therapy is able to treat a very wide age range. The Myofascial Release technique specifically addresses connective tissue, which spans from head to toe without interruption. It’s a whole body technique and is effective and gentle enough for infants and elderly and powerful enough for athletes with muscle imbalances as well as everything in between. Examples of people we serve include but aren’t limited to:
- Acute and Progressive Pain
- Women’s and Men’s Health
- Infants: toriticollis, developmental delay, phagiocephaly (misshapen head), chronic ear infections, colic
- Acute & chronic back pain
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Neck pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cumulative Repetitive Trauma Syndrome
- SI dysfunction
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Radiculopathies – upper or lower extremities
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Sports injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fascitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Impingement
- Women’s and Men’s Health
- Pelvic Pain
- Pre- and Post-partum care